Saturday, May 25, 2024

Not Just Any Love Story

   Today is a special day in my life. It’s the one many little girls dream of. I am getting married today. Now, when I was younger, I wasn’t a girl who pictured her perfect wedding. And, even when I got older, I didn’t have a crazy vision in mind. But, as time went on, I began to wonder if I ever would get married. I had never been in a relationship and didn’t have any on the horizon. But I knew that I felt like it would be nice to have someone to share life with. So, I tried online dating.

   I went on a few dates with people but didn’t feel a love kind of connection with them. I knew love could grow but I also knew that I didn’t want to be unequally yoked, whether that be an unbeliever or someone who was on a different Christian path than me. Then I met Nate.

   I will say, it wasn’t love at first sight, and I wasn’t even sure I believed in that. But when I met him at Coffee Co. he had a large beard and I never pictured myself with someone who had a beard. But we talked for three hours about many different things. And not just surface level things but deep things too, which I enjoy discussing. We decided to continue our friendship.

   After about a month of dating, I asked Nate to go for a walk after our respective Easter celebrations with family. He said yes and we discussed what our relationship would look like if we were to have one. After that walk, Nate asked me to be his girlfriend.

   Now, I’m not saying everything was easy in our relationship. But I will say I feel so blessed to have this man in my life. I am so thankful for him. He is caring and has a servant’s heart. He listens and communicates well. And it’s a bonus that he and I have similar interests (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Marvel, Soccer, Writing, etc.).

   But, on this day, I don’t just want to tell you about my man. I also want to remember the promises I am making to him and myself. So, instead of doing a typical blog, this time I just wanted to share a bit of our story and also share my vows, so I have them in writing in multiple places.

   “Though it is hard to wait, I will because patience can make me great. It may be hard to always be kind and serve, but I will do my best even if you get on my last nerve. I may want to brag about my man, but I will try not to be prideful, if I can. To show respect is another thing I vow, because I was raised right, I know how. Another thing I will do is do my best to forgive others and you, because that’s what God has called us to do. Following your lead and helping you grow, that’s what I want to do for the rest of my life, if you didn’t guess that well now you know. I love you and I’m so glad I get to spend the rest of my life with you. Oh, and one last thing I love about you, you are on standby for almost anyone in your life. So now it’s time for you to, ‘standby to get some.’”

   So, how are you showing love to those you love? Have you made any promises that you need to remember to keep?

   1 Corinthians 13:4-6

https://youtu.be/QIuJdWlnV_o



No comments:

Post a Comment