Saturday, August 8, 2026

The White Knight

    Many children hear stories of fairy tales and fantasy. Stories with adventure. Stories where there is a hero, a villain, and someone/something that needs rescued. Those stories excite us. They make us wish for adventure in our own lives. 

   One particular story we hear a lot is the story of a knight going to save a princess. This knight faces dangers and will not stop until he rescues the damsel. In the end, the damsel is rescued and the knight and princess live happily ever after.

   These stories are told all in good fun and most even have a moral to them. The problem we run into is we grow up and begin to believe them to be true. I'm specifically talking about the women here. 

   Romance is a big genre in stories, movies, and songs in our culture. Women grow up dreaming of a man to come along and rescue them from their problems. Sure, women still live their lives and aren't sitting and waiting for their prince or in a sleep that needs to be awoken by true loves kiss, but I think we all still secretly are hoping for that one hero to come along and sweep us off our feet (whether we admit it or not).

   I've been there. I remember acting like I didn't want a relationship because I wasn't sure it would ever happen as time went on. I was hoping for a romance. I feel like that's because culture tells us we need certain things to be happy. We need a house, a good job, a car, a spouse, two kids, and a dog. That's the American dream. That's what we are told from a young age that we need and should strive for.

   But, there is another one who comes on a white horse. Revelation 19:11 says "Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war." This event happens toward the end of the earth. Jesus comes on a white horse. He is the one who saves. He is the one who loves us unconditionally. He is the one who, in the end, will judge us. He loved us enough to die for us so we could be with him in heaven. Without him, our sin would send us to hell. He is who our eyes should be fixed on. We should be trying to emulate him and live our lives for him on earth. 

   So, are you living your life for yourself or for Christ? Are your eyes fixed on him?


No comments:

Post a Comment