Saturday, August 29, 2026

The War Going On Around Us

   Have you ever had someone say something or do something then had it happen again later? It's kind of like deja vu but not. Let me give you an example. One time I was playing a game with friends. The organizer of the game said my player felt a presence behind me. That's not so scary in a game because the game isn't real. 

   After the game, I went home and rested. I suddenly got this weird feeling that someone or something was behind me. When I looked, no one was there. I knew my husband was in the other room so I knew it wasn't him. And, even though I looked back and didn't see anyone, I still felt like something was there with me. It was kind of creepy. 

   To boot, I remember I was going through a bit of a hard time and my thoughts were beginning to spiral. That made me think that it could have been a demon behind me. Can we really sense demons? Are demons real? According to the Bible they are; and I believe God's word.

   Demons are Satan's minions. I imagine they don't look like little yellow guys. Demons probably look a bit scary in their real form but they probably have other powers where they can take on the look of other creatures. Their job is to manipulate us and turn us from God. 

   This presence I felt wasn't welcome and I knew it. So I took authority under the name of Jesus and told the demon to leave. I felt peace after that and the thought spiral disappeared. Sure, the problem I was going through was still there but it didn't seem as big of a deal as it did when I first began to think about it.

   If we trust God's word and believe in him, we should believe that what he says is true. His word tells us there are demons out there. His word tells us Satan is prowling like a lion waiting to devour us. We need to begin acting like there is a spiritual war going on around us. We need to lean on God, grow in him, and trust in him. That way, when Satan sends his demons against us, we know exactly how to handle them. We know we need to go to God. 

   So, do you believe there is a spiritual war going on around you? How can you grow in God so that when Satan attacks you are ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment