Sunday, June 4, 2023

Ride the Wave

  We all go through them: seasons of stress. Maybe there are health problems in your family, maybe work is causing your eye to twitch, maybe someone in your family is making your brain explode. The list could go on and on but you get the idea. 

One time I was going through a season of stress a friend sent me a video. In the video someone was surfing a wave. The person fell as he was surfing. He went under the water. He was under the influence of stress. The problem is if we choose to wallow in that stress we will drown and die. 

The surfer got back up on his board and got ready to ride the next wave. The next wave was bigger but the surfer was more prepared. He was able to ride the wave. In life we can choose to stay down when stressful times come. We can have pity parties or we can get back up and ride the wave.

Psalm 118: 5-6 says "Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" It is important to remember that we cannot learn how to ride the waves on our own and in our own strength. We need to ride with God. When hard times come we need to call upon the Lord. Sometimes that's easy other times it is not so easy. We may feel so beat up that we question if it's even worth getting up. That's when we need to call on the Lord. He will lift you up. He will prepare you for whatever wave you face next. He will remind you that with Him on your side man cannot do anything to you. 

So, will you choose to get up and ride the wave with God?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment