Saturday, June 10, 2023

Jesus Washes Us Clean

     I enjoy doing object lessons to bring the Bible to life. One object lesson I have done a lot with my preschoolers is a germs experiment. We take Crisco, rub it on their hands, then put colorful sand on their hands to represent germs. If you try to get the sand off with just water, it does not come off. The children need to use soap and water to remove the "germs." 

   At camp when I was teaching the elementary children in vespers, I told the children the sand represented sin. They tried to get the sand off by themselves and it would not come off. Then I gave them soap which represented Jesus. They were able to remove the sin because Jesus came to remove it for them. 

  As hard as we try, we cannot remove our own sin. It does not matter how good you are. It does not matter if you try not to do bad things. You are a sinner. God is holy and cannot abide with sinners. That is why Jesus had to come to rescue us from our sins. He was the sacrificial lamb who died to wash us clean.

   To help you remember this I am going to mention something you may be tired of hand sanitizer. I gave each child their own hand sanitizer after the lesson to remind them that Jesus has washed us clean of our sins. Each time you put on sanitizer remember what Jesus has done for you and thank him.

   So, are you washed clean of your sins? How can you share with others about Jesus each day? 

   1 John 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment