Saturday, August 5, 2017

Have You Found the Key?

   One day I was out with a friend and her children. We had a good time but it was soon time for her to leave. She gathered up the children and their things. They were about to leave when she realized she lost her keys. She asked me to watch the kids while she searched high and low for the keys.
   I sat with the kids and talked with them. Then I looked around the grass as I was sitting there. I saw a blue thing in the grass but I thought it was just a bottle cap to a drink. I took the girls over to the pavilion because it started to rain. My friend came back to look around the pavilion.
   Finally, it stopped raining. My friend took one of the older children back out to look for the keys again. I decided that I should take the other kids out to look as well. I asked the older child, that was with me, what the keys looked like. She said they were blue on the top and black on the bottom. I walked over to the blue thing I saw earlier. Sure enough it was the keys.I called my friend over and she started praising God because we found the keys.
   You may be wondering why I told you this story, but I always have a point to my stories don’t I? ;) The point is that if we don’t know what we are looking for then we probably won’t find it. People in the world are looking for ways to fill the hole they have in their hearts. They are looking for peace and they cannot find it in anything here on earth.
   Christians know how to fill that hole and they know how to have true peace. We need to spread the Gospel and tell others how to be saved. If we do not, then those people may never know how to be saved. They will be looking for the key that is right in front of them but they cannot find it because they do not know what they are looking for.
   So, are you spreading the Gospel so that others may know how to be saved? Are you looking for a way to fill that hole in your heart? If you are, I urge you to talk with someone about how you can be saved. Or, if you are unsure if you should accept Christ check out this blog. Then, if you feel you need to accept Christ either talk with someone you know is Christian, ask someone at a church, or check out this website.
   John 3:16, John 14:6, Matthew 28:16-20

No comments:

Post a Comment