Monday, July 17, 2017

The Best of Both Worlds: God's Plan For Me

   I’ve written a lot about God’s plans in the past (link to blog here). However, it isn’t always easy to trust in his plan. It is especially difficult to trust when you are in a time of change, but I can attest that he always has a plan for you.
   I have been in a time of change since February. That is when I completed my student teaching. Since that time, I have been substituting in various districts and applying to different schools for a teaching position. Meanwhile, I was also offered a position as the goalie coach for the Girl’s Soccer Program at Donegal High school, which was a volunteer position.
   This summer I have been waiting and praying for a teaching position. But, while I was waiting and praying, another opportunity popped up. I was offered the Junior Varsity coaching position for Women’s Soccer at Donegal High School. It was hard for me to decide what to do because I was looking for a full-time teaching position and I wasn’t sure I would be able to handle both.
   I prayed a lot about what I should do and this last week I talked with the coach again. He said that he is willing to work with me. I decided to take the position on Tuesday and the coach announced that I was the JV coach Thursday.
   I came home Thursday evening and I had a call from Mount Calvary Christian School. They had decided to offer me a part-time, 3 days a week, Kindergarten position. This position worked out really well with my coaching job because I will not be as busy as if I would have a full-time teaching position. Also, this school is really close to home and Donegal.
   I officially accepted the Mount Calvary position today. God really does have a plan for everyone’s life. He knows how important teaching, coaching/playing soccer, and helping others are to me. What is amazing is that a lot of the different parts of my life is coming together, so I really get the best of both worlds (soccer and teaching). I trust that this is his plan for me. And, I hope you believe/know that he also has a plan for you.
   So, will you trust that God has a plan for you? Will you follow his plan for you when it becomes clear that you are meant to follow it?
   Proverbs 19:21, Matthew 6:25-34, Philippians 4:6-7
   P.S. I believe that this is God’s plan for me, but I still think that this will be a challenging year because of how busy I may be. If you could all be praying that I am able to work my hardest in all I do, encourage others to be their best, and get the rest I need in order to do all of that.

3 comments:

  1. Kaitlyn,
    Congratulations on all fronts! I am so happy for you! Kindergarten is such a fun grade to teach! I'll be praying for you as you transition into your new roles. Keep us updated.
    Mrs. Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good News, Kaitlyn, although we will lose you as a sub and I won't see you much!So happy that God has worked things out for you. Blessings in these new chapters of your life. Enjoy the ride!
    Mrs. T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am always impressed to see how God knows the desires of our heart and how His plan is even better than what we hoped. I will be praying for all the wonderful things that God will be teaching you this year!
    Dr. S

    ReplyDelete