Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Special Edition: The Shutout

   For those of you who are questioning why I am writing this on a Wednesday and what a shutout is stay tuned. After a game of soccer at Lancaster Bible College my teammates came running onto the field and group hugged me. Not only did we win 5-0, but I also broke the record for the most shutouts in Lancaster Bible College Women’s Soccer history. If you do not know what a shutout is it is when one team wins the game and the losing team does not score.
   You may be wondering why I am writing this. I am not doing this to toot my own horn. In fact, it is quite the opposite. I want to thank all of those who I have played soccer with or who have coached me throughout the years. Soccer is a team sport. When I earn a shutout I don’t think that I earned it, even if I did make a few saves, I think that my team earned that shutout. Every time I look good on the field it is because my team helped make me look good.
   I also want to thank my coaches that I’ve had throughout my life. They helped shape me and mold me into a better player and goalkeeper. I specifically want to thank my goalie coaches Blaine Gorman and Jon Martin. Both of you have helped me so much by pushing me to be my best and encouraging me no matter what.
   Finally, and this thanking is not necessarily in a specific order, I want to thank God. He is the one who gave me the ability, passion, and talent to play soccer. For those of you who know my soccer story, and those of you who don’t here is the link to it, you know that the reason I am playing soccer is totally because of God. There have been a lot of ups and downs during my time on and off the field; but through it all God has been there helping me up when I am down.
   So, you may not be able to relate to this post. But, the next time you get honored whose glory will you be reflecting? Will you thank those who helped you get there?
   1 Corinthians 10:13, 1 Thessalonians 5:18, Colossians 3:17

4 comments:

  1. SCHEU YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I'm so glad I get to play this season with you! Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SCHEU YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I'm so glad I get to play this season with you! Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I'm so happy for you!! ☺️ I even got to watch some of the game today and saw you block a few balls from the net! Great work. ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats girl! I'm so grateful I get to play with you, even if its only for a year. You're a phenomenal athlete and teammate and I can't wait to see what this season has in store. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete