Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Fruit of the Spirit Series

   One subject that has been of interest to me ever since we did a Vacation Bible School on it at my church has been the Fruit of the Spirit. We went over these fruits of the spirit with the kids by talking about people in the Bible who exhibited these characteristics. But, looking back I wonder if I really knew what these characteristics mean. So many times we go through our lives using words that we cannot even define. Therefore, I decided to do a series on The Fruit of the Spirit.
   I will tell you it has definitely been a journey going through the Fruit of the Spirit. I have learned a lot about what I need to do more in my life in order to have these attributes. And, I hope you learn a lot too. Even if you do not learn too much, I hope that seeds are planted so that you would look in your own life and think about what attributes you may need to work on in order to grow in God. Thank you for going on this journey with me and for being a faithful reader of my blog.
   P.S. To get you in the spirit to learn about the fruits of the spirit here is a link to a Youtube video about the fruit of the spirit. I will warn you, it is a song for children. But, I was taught that teachers need to use an attention getter before the lesson begins in order to get students involved in the lesson 😉
   Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment