Saturday, December 30, 2017

What's Going On Inside

   One day I was in my car headed home from college. I was driving along and everything was going great. Then, all of the sudden, my car started beeping. After the shock passed, I asked my car "why weren't you beeping before?"
   My car has a sensor in the passenger seat. If something over 20 pounds is put in the seat, and is not buckled up, my car beeps. I was still driving and I was trying to pull my bag out of the seat, but as you can imagine 20 pounds is hard to move using one hand. Finally, I was able to get the bag out of the seat and on the floor of my car. 
More than likely the people who may have seen me driving thought I was crazy. The point is they didn't know what was going on inside my car. They only saw what was going on outside of my car. 
   This is just like in reality. None of us have x-ray vision where we can see if someone has physical, mental, spiritual, or emotional problems. We only see the outside. I've talked about how I don't like masks. I understand sometimes we need to put them on at work, but that means we only see people's masks. We don't see how people are really doing.
   You may look at someone who is being really mean to someone else than think "what is wrong with that person?" But, you don't know what is going on inside that person. They could have turmoil going on inside them and you just don't realize it. How would it make you feel if someone judged you when you were already feeling down?
   We cannot judge others by only looking at the outside. We need to ask people "How are you doing today?" And, when we ask that we actually need to care about what the person says. People can smell insincerity a mile away. If we are sincere, people are more likely to open up to us. Then we can make an impact on them for the Lord, which is what we are called to do.
   So, will you stop just judging people by looking at their outward appearance? Will you chose to ask others how they are doing and actually care about the answer? Will you share the gospel with others as we are called to do?
   Philippians 2:4, John 13:34, Matthew 7:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment