Saturday, January 20, 2018

What's The Point?

   "I like that you have a reason for everything you do" (a friend). I've had friends come and go in my life. Do I miss some of the friends I am no longer close with? Yes, but I believe that every friendship I have had taught me something and happened for a reason.
   Some of my friends know me as the Question Queen. I love to ask random questions. Some of the questions I ask are really deep, while others are just simple ones. Every question that I ask I ask for a reason. Sometimes my friends can figure that reason out right away, while other times it takes them a while. When it takes them a while it makes me laugh because I know what is going on but they don't.
   It's kind of the same way with God. God has this amazing plan for everyone. He knows what each person is capable of and wants to help us grow. During the times when we wonder, "why is this happening?" God is looking down and saying, "just wait until you see what I have in store for you." He has a reason for everything he does.
   Why do you do the things you do? Do you do it for your own selfish gain? Do you do it to look good in front of others? Christians have an even greater responsibility on earth. We are called to love others, care for the earth, spread the gospel and so much more. Other people are to look at us and see the light of Jesus in us.
   We need to think about why we do what we do. If each day we wake up and think only of ourselves then we can't call ourselves Christian. If we wake up each day and think, "I want to do what I can to spread the love of Jesus and reflect God's glory." Then we are on the right track. We need to start to use our brains and think about the reason for why we do things. Only then will we truly be following in Jesus' footsteps.
   So, do you know the reason for why you do things? Do you understand that the point of our lives is to reflect God's glory? Will you choose to be a light for Jesus?
   Ecclesiastes 3, Matthew 5:16, 1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment