Saturday, December 18, 2021

Are You a Victim or a Victor?

   Have you ever met a person who seems to complain about everything? I am talking about a person who could've won a new car but instead of being thankful all he thinks about is the gas and insurance he has to pay for. Okay so maybe not that extreme but you get what I'm saying.
   I have seen this on the soccer field, and I'm sure you have as well if you've ever played a sport. In soccer we typically played each team twice. If we lost badly to a team we knew we would get another chance to play them. The problem was if a team crushed us, swore at us, or hurt many of us we looked back at that first game and thought "there is no way we can beat them."
   We were thinking like victims instead of victors. Victims look back at what happened to them. Victors look ahead at what they are going to do.
   It is a mental choice to decide if you want to be a victim or a victor. As I grew I began to realize that I decided what my attitude was. I could look back at how bad we played and say "we are going to get crushed again." Or, I could say "it doesn't matter how we played last time. We can do better this time."
   The time in between games was a time of growth. Our team always grew, we just had to decide if we would push past what happened last time or not.
   It is the same way with life. You decide if you will look back at what happened to you and sulk or maybe not even try. You also decide if you will press on, grow, and keep trying no matter what.
   I don't know about you, but I would want to be a victor rather than a victim. But, that means we must be prepared. We need to be in the word and spend time with God. That way, when situations come up, we are ready for victory.
   So, will you choose to look back at what happened to you or will you look ahead to the victories? Will you be prepared for challenges that come your way?
   1 Corinthians 9:24 and Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment