Sunday, April 4, 2021

Got Passion? An Easter Blog


   "He has risen." If you go to church and you heard that more than likely you would reply with: "he has risen indeed." That's a great saying but I wonder if it has become common place.
   I'm not saying it isn't great to remember that Jesus has risen. What I am saying is I think that we do not have the passion we used to have when we say it. Think about when you were a child, or when you first became a Christian. When you heard "he has risen," how did you reply? Did you say "he has risen indeed" very quietly or like you were bored? No! I'm pretty sure you would have jumped up in your seat, if it was appropriate, and yelled "HE HAS RISEN INDEED!"
   Why do I say that you would have yelled it? I say that because when we first become Christian we have a fire for God. We have been saved from our sin. And, we have been saved in a most unexpected way. God came down to take our sin. He showed us love in the most unconditional way. Shouldn't we shout that to the world?!
   But, as time goes on, we take it for granted. "Oh, yes I know Jesus rose from the dead. I know pretty much all I need to know about him. No, I don't feel I am called to go places to share about him. Someone else can do that, I don't want to risk my neck." Rather than sharing the greatest story of love ever told we sit back. We become lukewarm, selfish, and hypocritical. Then we wonder why people don't want to hear about Jesus.
   We have a chance to share the good news. We should want to share this news with everyone! This isn't just a story from history. It is a story that is continuing on and that we get to be a part of. That's why we should have a passion for sharing this news. We should be yelling in church and everywhere "HE HAS RISEN INDEED!" We should be willing to tell others about him no matter the cost because he paid the ultimate price for us.
   So, do you still have a passion for Christ? Are you sharing the good news of the gospel? If not, what can you do to share the gospel? 
   Mark 16:5-7, Matthew 6:21, 1 Corinthians 10:31
   Image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment