Saturday, July 11, 2020

Jesus Doesn't Give Up on You


   I loved my dog Yoyo. When he was alive, we used to play a game every Sunday. We would come home from church and I would let him outside. I would then hide in the house in different places. Someone would let Yoyo in. Now, if you knew Yoyo, you knew that he doesn't have a very good sense of smell. He would run around searching for me anywhere from 1 minute-10 minutes. I would laugh and call him if he had a hard time finding me; but there's one thing you could say about Yoyo, he never gives up.
   Yoyo would search for me and he wouldn't stop till he found me. He did that because he loves me. There's someone who does this for you and his name is Jesus. Sometimes we run away from Jesus, like Adam and Eve ran and hid after they sinned. God knew where Adam and Eve were but he still searched for them until they were ready to say: "here we are (I'm paraphrasing here)."
   We run away from God in our sin as well. We decide we know better or we don't want to follow God's will (like Jonah) and we run and hide. God, in his everlasting love and patience, searches for us. He calls us back to him. Sometimes we don't want to come back. We like our sin and want to stay in it. God still waits and calls. Sometimes we feel unworthy to come back to God because of everything we've done. God still accepts us back. He is the Good Shepherd who brings us back to his flock because he loves us unconditionally.
   So, have you run from God? Do you realize that God loves you and calls you back to him because he loves you? Will you follow God no matter the cost?
   Hebrews 13:5 and John 10:27-30
   Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment