Saturday, July 20, 2019

Lost Connection


   It was one of those times where I was in a rush to get somewhere and I was focused on the road I was driving on. That means I was susceptible to being scared because I was so focused. Of course, that meant that my phone thought it was a good idea to prank me. All of the sudden I heard "I'm sorry, I cannot complete that action because your phone doesn't have service." Once I figured out that my phone thought I said "OK Google" to wake it up I was okay and continued my journey.
   After I arrived at my destination I started thinking about how if I actually needed help at that point I would have been in big trouble. Technology has come a long way. We now have watches that can attach to our phones instead of big bulky cell phones people used to keep in their cars. But, as far as technology has come, it is still limited.
   Imagine if God worked the way our cell phones worked. If I would have called on God at that point I wouldn't have been able to reach him. That would've been really scary. Yet, many times we take communication with God for granted. We think "God already knows my thoughts and what I'm going through. I've got this, so I don't think I'll go to God to ask for help." Yes, God is a good father and he wants us to learn how to do things on our own. But, he also wants to walk with us. He is right beside us through everything in life. He wants to have open communication with us.
   That means spending time with him. Just sit still, be, and abide with him. Spend time in his word. Pray to him. Tell him your hopes and dreams. Tell him the good and the bad. Learn more about him because that's how relationships work: you get to know about the other person and he/she gets to know about you.
   So, how is your communication with God? Do you take God for granted at times? How can you improve in your relationship with God?
   John 1:10-13 and John 15:5
   Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment