Saturday, May 6, 2023

Needing Light In the Darkness


   When I was younger I really, really liked glow in the dark things. Something that doesn't light up in the day but does when it's dark, how cool is that? In fact, I still have some glow in the dark stars in my room. I was looking at those stars as they glowed the other day and I thought about something.
   Those stars don't glow in the light. Yet, those stars need to be charged by light before they can glow in the dark. You may be saying, "that's kind of obvious. That's why they are called glow in the dark." Well, as always, I have a point.
   We also need light before we can glow in the darkness. No, we don't physically glow but we are in darkness. Our darkness is sin. We live in a fallen world. Sin is all around us. Sin is in us. Sin runs our lives until we choose to let Jesus take the wheel instead. Jesus is our light. If we don't walk with him and spend time with him we won't be "charged" enough to be a light in the darkness. Then we will not be an impact on the world like we are called to be. We are to be a light to the world.
   So, are you a light in the darkness? Have you been spending time with Jesus so you can be "charged" by him? What can you do to spread the light today?
   Matthew 5:14-16, John 8:12, and 1 Peter 2:9
   Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment