Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Teamwork Makes the Dream Work

   I have played on many soccer teams in my lifetime. Some of them I enjoyed more than others but I’m sure you could say that about just about anything in life. However, I will say that there was one team I enjoyed playing on probably the most: Lancaster Bible College Women’s Soccer Team. I learned so many lessons and made so many connections on that team. I miss playing very much.
   This season I had the privilege of getting to assistant coach for the LBC Women’s Soccer Team. Like any season, we’ve had ups and downs. But, there is a reason why I enjoyed playing and now coaching for this team. Other teams talk about teamwork. Teamwork is vital to the game of soccer. If you don’t have a team that works together and supports each other you won’t go very far. The LBC Women’s Soccer team is different in the way that we are on more than one team together and the fact that both of those teams have the same goals.
   You may be thinking: isn’t the goal of soccer to score more than the other team and win? Yes, that’s the basic concept; but this team is about more. This team loves each other. They work hard for the same goal: to reflect God’s glory and love others through soccer. If they win a game the reflect God’s glory by being humble. If they lose a game they reflect God’s glory by congratulating the other team. If they go into a tackle and foul the other player they reflect God’s glory by helping that player up or checking on her. If someone on their team makes a mistake they reflect God’s glory by telling that person, “it’s okay, you’ll do better next time.” If they go into overtime the reflect God’s glory by pushing each other to keep playing hard.
   The love that these girls have for one another is a great example of how we are called to love one another. John 13:34-35 says: “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” These girls play their best not just to reflect God’s glory but also out of love for one another. They remember that when they are tired they need to push themselves to keep playing because they love each other.
   Because these ladies worked so hard during the season to love one another and reflect God’s glory in all they did they have made it to playoffs. I’m so proud of these girls for facing adversity and pushing each other to win. Today they play in their first playoff game of the season.
   Good luck ladies! Remember to keep reflecting God’s glory and loving each other. Play for one another today. Play for the audience of One. You've got this! <3
   Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment