Saturday, October 15, 2022

Attitude: Soccer Lessons


"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference."
   One of the first things my players learn about me is the two things I look for the most in players. The first we've already discussed: effort. The second is attitude. I've always said that I would rather work with a player who knows nothing about soccer and has a good attitude than work with a player who knows a lot about soccer and has a bad attitude. I still work with both kinds of players but one is easier to train than the other.
   When I was in 6th grade I first read the saying "attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." I didn't think much of it at the time but as I grew up I saw what the poster was saying. In life if you come to work and you see a person with a sour attitude; are you going to want to work with them? Or, would you rather work with someone who has a positive attitude? People like working with and helping those who have a good attitude. Attitude is something we can control. We choose every day if we are going to have a good attitude or not. We choose if we are going to work hard no matter what, learn, and grow.
   So, how has your attitude been lately? Do you have a good attitude no matter what happens to you? How can you brighten someone's day today with your good attitude?
   Philippians 2:14-15
   Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment