Saturday, February 11, 2023

Soccer Lessons Conclusion


   This concludes my soccer lessons series. I'm sure that there are many more lessons that I've learned and that I teach; but, one thing is for certain: I'm not done learning or teaching. And, as long as you draw breath, neither are you.
   You may not feel like you are called to teach or coach. That's okay, you don't have to teach or coach in the way I do. However, you are still teaching others in your day to day life. If you are a parent this is what God's word says to you: "Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord" (Eph.6.4). You are called to discipline your child. Discipline isn't just "you did something bad, here is your consequence." Discipline should be more like discipleship. It should be "you made this choice. Here is what God says about that choice. I care about you and I want you to grow in God. Because of that, this is what I will do because you need to learn a lesson." That's probably not entirely what you want to say to a child but it should be along the lines of what we are thinking as we disciple children. That's what's going to help them grow in the long run.
   If you don't have children, that doesn't mean you get out of being a teacher. Titus 2:7 says: "Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, (and) dignity." You are a role model. You may be saying that you are not near children at all. That may be true in your job and such. However, when you go for groceries, to go shopping, or out in general do you see others? My guess is yes you do. People are watching how you act. If you are a Christian are you projecting Christ? Are you showing others what Christ looks like? People are watching and you are a role model. I encourage you to think about what you are teaching others with your actions.
   So, back to the soccer series. You may not be a soccer player, athletic, or an athlete. But, I hope through this series that you realize how important sports are. I hope you remember that you are a teacher. I hope you grow in God and teach others about him.
   Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment