Saturday, August 29, 2020

Murphy's Law

   This year in 2020 has been an interesting one. Many people thought 2020 would be a great year. They had goals for 2020. They may have wanted to have a certain amount of churches open by that time. Maybe they wanted to be in a certain job or position. No matter what you were hoping for in 2020, with everything that has gone on, I'm sure it hasn't gone the way you were expecting or planning.
   I know 2020 hasn't gone the way I was expecting. I've semi acquainted this year with the year of Murphy's law for myself (anything that can go wrong will go wrong). I have gotten the flu, gotten strep, lost the ability to coach a Jr. High team and a collegiate team team in the spring, had to learn how to do zoom meetings with students, had to learn how to do looms to present things, been quarantined for 3 months, and had to roll with many changes to my workplace to name a few things. I'm sure you have faced some of the same challenges and probably many others. It seems like 2020 has taken a lot from us. It's taken our health, freedom, loved ones, security, jobs, and much more. Many people probably wonder: where is God in all of this? Why would God allow this to happen?
   It's easy to focus on all the negative things that have happened this year. But, what about the good things that have happened? Look back at this year thus far. I challenge you to really think about positive things that have happened this year. For myself I got closer with my co-workers, got to spend time with my family, was able to create many different activities for students, got to relax, spent more time with God, was able to paint and write, was able to support my family in a time of need, and much more. It's funny how quarantine and the different things that have happened this year have actually helped me slow down and build better relationships with those around me. It's also reminded me that even though "normal" life may be hard at times we should be thankful for what we have. We should be thankful because we never know when those things may be taken away. We should be thankful because when those things happen we have someone to lean on. God promises us that he will never leave us or forsake us.
   So, even though 2020 may seem like Murphy's law thus far, will you choose to look for the positive? Will you trust in God and his plan?
Proverbs 3:5-6 and Philippians 4:8
See the source image
Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment