Thursday, November 25, 2021

Verses of Thanksgiving

 The Bible is filled with verses that remind us to be thankful for many things. However, I think we sometimes forget these verses on a day to day basis. On this Thanksgiving Day I think we need a reminder of what or who we should be thankful for each day.

FOR OUR GIFTS: "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:7

FOR PRAYER: "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Colossians 4:2

FOR PEACE AND THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST: "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Colossians 3:15

FOR YOUR SALVATION IN CHRIST: "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8

FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD: "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.” Hebrews 12:28-29

TO THE LORD: "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!" Psalm 107:1

FOR GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS (we should praise him): "I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High." Psalm 7:17

FOR GODS STRENGTH (we should praise him): "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." Psalm 28:7

FOR GOD'S LOVE (we should praise him): "Praise the LORD.Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 106:1

THANKFUL IN ALL THINGS: "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment