Saturday, March 5, 2022

Pulled 100 Different Directions

    I really wish I could start this blog by telling you I am just whelmed right now, as my sister would put it. Whelmed meaning I am just calm, normal, peaceful etc. I don't know about you but lately I have been a bit overwhelmed lately. At this point I am a preschool/pre-k teacher (which encompasses many more jobs in and of itself), a soccer coach, and have other family responsibilities. It's a lot and I'm sure you have felt this way as well. 

   This feeling reminds me a lot of a song from a Disney movie. The song is called "I Just Wanna Be With You" and the lyrics go like this: "We're being pulled a hundred different directions" (High School Musical 3). Have you felt like you are pulled a hundred different directions? You accomplish one task just to be given a new one. It is incredibly whelming.

   Now even though this song is a love song between a boy and a girl the next lyric can relate to us as well. The song goes like this: "We're being pulled a hundred different directions But whatever happens I know I've got you." We may be pulled a hundred different directions, but we have God. 

   Psalms 94:19 says: "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." This verse showed up on my Bible app when I was feeling quite overwhelmed. Even though we may be stressed and being pulled many directions God is with us. He never gives us more than we can handle with him. Did you catch that last part? We cannot walk though these times on our own. God walks with us, carries us, and encourages us in our times where we feel whelmed. 

   So, who are you trusting when you feel overwhelmed? How can you remember to lean on God when you feel pulled 100 different directions?

No comments:

Post a Comment