Saturday, March 21, 2015

Let's Get Serious About Something... My Hair

   So by the title you probably are wondering what I am thinking. For anyone who knows me I do not like to mess with my hair. I just throw it up in a ponytail. It’s not that I don’t care about how I look. I do; it’s just easier to put my hair up. See my hair has this annoying tendency to be curly. It’s great; if the curls don’t go different ways so then I look uneven as I go throughout my day.
   Anyhow, I have begun to try different things with my hair like straightening it, using frizz control, and basically doing anything I can to get rid of the curls. As I was doing this the other day I began to think about how many people complain about their hair and how they look. If only I could be skinnier, if only my hair would curl, if only I could get rid of these break outs. We complain about everything we don’t have. We complain about the things we want.
   Now, I’m not saying it’s not okay to vent every once in a while. I mean if we didn’t we would probably explode and have a lot of anger issues. What I am saying is so many times we focus on what we don’t have rather than what we do have. God has given us so much and I think it is time we be thankful for what we do have. So how can we do this?
   Well, let’s go back to my hair. I still have problems with it. But now, I embrace the curl. I find ways to work with what I have rather than what I don’t have. It is the same way with other problems. God lets things happen to us to teach us; and to bring us closer to Him. He doesn’t just let it happen and say “there you go, figure it out yourself.” No, God gives us all the tools we need to get through our problems. And, He is there as our counselor and supportive father all the way.
   So the next time you are thinking “this would be so much easier if…” or “I just wish I had or it would be…” Remember that God gives us exactly what we need.
   P.S. I’m also not saying that we shouldn’t try and straighten our hair if we have curly hair. I’m just saying we shouldn’t complain about our hair. I mean, it's the hair God gave us. 
Psalm 139:14 
2 Peter 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment