Saturday, March 5, 2016

It's a Roller Coaster Ride

   When you live near Hershey Pennsylvania it means two things. One: that you usually smell chocolate in the air. And, two: that you visit Hershey Park. I have been to Hershey Park a few times; and each time I go with my family my dad tries to get me to do something. He tries to get me to ride a roller coaster.
   I do not like roller coasters for a few reasons. First of all I’m not a big fan of heights. Next I do not like feeling like I am going to fall out. And finally, probably the biggest reason, I do not like the highs and lows of being on a roller coaster. I mean, I don’t know about you, but I feel like my stomach should stay in my body; and it should not feel like it is leaving my body.
   There is one more reason I do not like roller coasters. I do not like them in life. I have found that life is like riding a roller coaster in more ways than one.
   We can have emotional roller coasters in life. One day we may feel like we are at the top of the world; and then the next we feel like we are at the bottom. I do not like this because as Christians we need to be thankful for what we have and optimistic. I know there have been times where I have been in a low part of the roller coaster where I do not feel thankful or optimistic. It isn’t easy to be thankful all the time; but it is what we are called to do. And, I want to point out that being optimistic doesn’t mean you look happy all the time. It means that you are joyful in everything that happens. You don’t have to be happy to be optimistic. It just means you are positive in everything that happens.
   The other type of roller coaster is faith roller coasters. We have times when we are on fire for God; and other times when our relationship with God isn’t that great. I love it when I am on a high for God; and I don’t like it when I am on a low. So how can we stop the roller coaster pattern?
   We need to remember who we are. We are children of God. We are called to witness to the other children of God; and, if we are not on fire for God, that is difficult to do. We need to have a relationship with God and rely on him; because, he is all we need.
   So, are you on any roller coasters in your life? Do you need to remember who you are in God?
   1 Peter 2:9, Proverbs 3:5, Matthew 6:25

No comments:

Post a Comment