Saturday, September 10, 2016

God's Plans for You

   “God has a plan.” “You will make it through.” “Do not stress, trust God.” I cannot tell you how many times I have heard these sayings while at Lancaster Bible College. Over and over I hear “trust God.” I see their point. It is important to trust God; but so many times when people say trust God they quote a verse. Don’t get me wrong, I am all about backing up what we believe with verses. But, the particular verse I am talking about is Jeremiah 29:11 which says “'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'”
   Sounds like a good verse for God planning for us right? Wrong, that particular verse is not talking about plans for us. It is talking about God having plans for Israel. So many times we take verses out of context. That verse is taken out of context because it is talking about Israel; but we can have confidence that God cares for us. He loves us just like he loves Israel. God does have plans for us. Proverbs 3:5-6 says “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” God has a plan for us but we need to trust him.
   God gives all of us gifts. We may not know what we are to do with those gifts but God knows. I do not know what is going on in your life; but I do know that everyone experiences doubt at one point or another. You may doubt some of the gifts God has given you, but trust him. It is only through the storms of life that you realize what you are truly capable of.
   So, do you believe God has given you gifts? Do you believe God has a plan for your life; and will give you opportunities to use your gifts?
   Jeremiah 29:11, Proverbs 3:5-6, 1 Corinthians 12:7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment