Monday, September 12, 2016

The Second Anniversary of The Shoe Blog

   Today is the second year anniversary of my blog The Shoe! Which got me thinking about what I have wrote thus far. I look back at all the blogs I have written and it is neat to see the transformation of my writing. Also, I look back and see what I went through.
   Looking at my writing I can see that I have definitely changed over the years. God continued to shape me and mold me into who I am today. And, the neat thing is he continues to help me grow.
   An example of this would be when I am tempted to do something wrong, like think about how easy it would be to get revenge on someone who hurt me, my own words come back to me. In that specific case my words about how powerful the dark side is (The “Force” Within blog link). Not only do I keep myself accountable with my words but now I have other people who are keeping me accountable; because they read my blogs and remind me of the words I say.
   Also, if you do not know me, I actually used to be a very pessimistic person. There are times where I am still pessimistic. But, I have been taught to find the positive in everything. So, in my writing I try to look at the bright side. The reason I do that is because I have a hope in Christ. More and more during the day I find myself catching when I have a negative thought, then I try to turn my thoughts into positive ones. (Fixing My Eyes blog link).
   Finally, I’m not going to lie it is not easy to keep up with this blog sometimes. I know I only post once a week but I have times where I am super busy. Sometimes I do wonder if it is worth it because I do not get many people looking at my blog. But, a wise man once said that “God can use these posts in His time and way for His glory.” When I am tempted to stop blogging I remember that I’m not actually doing it for me, though writing does help me cope with the woes of life. I do what I do because God gave me a gift and I want to reflect his glory(The Character of Love blog link).
   So, are you following your own words? Do you have others keeping you accountable? Are you able to find hope in everything because of the hope you have in Christ? Finally, are you using your gifts to reflect God’s glory?
   Galatians 6:1-5, Matthew 6:34, Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment