Saturday, December 17, 2016

Is God Really at Work in Your Life?

   Over the last year I have gone on a journey. Throughout this whole journey God has been with me, and I am so thankful. As stated in previous blogs, every year was a question as to whether or not I would play soccer. The only years I was sure I would play was my sophomore year and my senior year. This is the story of why I was sure about my senior year.
   My Junior year of soccer I really did not want to be there, but it had been clear that God had called me to play. There were a lot of issues that year because I did not want to be there, but the team needed me. After three quarters of the season my outlook on soccer began to change. I started to actually want to be there. At the end of the season I had decided that I really wanted to play soccer one final year. But, that presented some problems.
   When I had my meeting with the coach she was overjoyed that I wanted to play. Before I could play I had to talk with my supervisor for education because I was to be student teaching that semester. In the Spring I went to my professor and she said “if this is what you really want we can make it work.” She wanted me to think about it, and pray about it. I told her I would think about it for a week. Some issues arose during that week but I made a promise and I told her I wanted to play. My professor, coach, and I had a meeting. During that meeting we decided that the best option for me was to do my first student teaching placement while everyone else who was student teaching would be doing their second placement. I agreed that it would be difficult for me to focus on student teaching and soccer at the same time. Then the placement professor got working on my placements.
   When soccer finally rolled around I had to miss two days of preseason because I was in student teaching orientation. My professor explained my situation to the other student teachers. Then she reminded me that I would need to prepare my heart for what was to come. I’m not going to lie, it was hard at first. My whole college experience had led up to this point and I was sitting on the sidelines while other people were teaching. But, I now know that if I would have been student teaching and playing soccer at the same time I would not have been able to do my best in either of those activities.
   I went on playing soccer, getting to know my teammates, and improving my goalie skills. Then I found out from a former employer that the cooperating teacher I was supposed to have first got cancer. I started to get worried a little but the whole experience had taught me that I need to trust God. I told my professor and he contacted the school. I did not know it, but my third grade teacher had contacted the principal and said she would be willing to take me on as her student teacher. I was so excited and thankful when I found this out. I started jumping up and down.
   And, the rest is pretty much history. My soccer team had an overall record of 16-7. I have now completed my first placement as a student teacher. I graduated yesterday. Through this whole experience I have seen God at work in my life.
   So, if any of you may be doubting that God has a plan for your life hopefully this story encourages you. I implore you to think about what has been happening in your life. How have you seen God at work? If you do not see him at work directly, are you willing to trust him anyhow?
   Proverbs 3:5-6, Proverbs 16:9, Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment