Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Living Every Day as if it is Your Last

   “I’ll get to it tomorrow.” “I have a few days to get that done.” “I can’t make it home for the holidays.” “I will tell them thank you and I love them some other time.” These are things I hear a lot of people say nowadays. We all think we have all the time in the world. Young people are willing to wait to do things because they think they have more time to live. But, is that really true?
   Psalm 139:16 says: “Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every on of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” Before we were ever born God knew what would happen in our lives. He knew every possible event that would occur in our lives. He knows when we will graduate, when we will get married, and…when we will die.
   See, sometimes people do not get a chance at tomorrow. On December 19, 2016 a Lancaster Bible College Charger went home to be with the Lord. Alyssa Bowen was killed in an accident that morning. While I did not know Alyssa personally, I know that a lot of lives were touched by her. In times like this people may wonder why God would let something like this happen. I honestly do not know, but God does know. And, it can be a good lesson for us.
   We really do not know how many days we have left on this earth. As we get older we know that our time on this earth is drawing to a close. But, even if we are young our lives can be taken away in the blink of an eye. A good friend of mine once said at the end of every email “live every day as if it is your last.”
   So, my challenge to all of you is to remember that we never know when we will be called home to be with the Lord. When you have the chance to do something nice for someone you love, will you do it even if you don’t feel like doing it? If you get the chance to do something fun, or out of your comfort zone will you do it? Will you work hard to reflect God’s glory every day you have breath on this earth?
   Psalm 139:16, Job 14:5, Ecclesiastes 3
   P.S. If you could all be praying for the Bowen family and those who knew her it would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment