Saturday, May 6, 2017

A Birthday Reflection

   There are many times I reflect on what has happened in my life. Some specific times are when the New Year rolls around and when my birthday comes. Since today is my birthday I decided to look back on my life and see how much has changed.
   Through the past year I have had many ups and downs. However, this year, I decided to lean on God rather than worry. Because I did that, I learned different lessons about different times in life.
   Last year, during the summer I decided to go on a friendship fast. This helped me learn how to have God as my best friend. I also learned how to trust in him and have peace in him. If you are at a point in your life where you are moving on to a different chapter in life and you may lose some friends. My suggestion to you would be to learn how to have God as your bff. This means spending time with him daily and talking with him anytime you want to because he is there for you.
   In fall I made the decision to play soccer one more time. During that time I also had student teaching toward the end of my soccer season. While in soccer, I had some times that I was free. In that free time I decided to meet with all of my teammates to get to know them more. That made a huge difference on and off the field. If you are at a time in your life where you are at a certain work place, college, or you are just used to doing something more than someone else is you can come alongside that person or people and mentor them. I wanted the new players on the team to have a good time and to grow. That is what we all can do to help others.
   In winter I graduated and had student teaching. This was a scary time for me because I was leaving a place that I had been at for so long. If you are about to leave a place you have been at for a while my advice to you is to enjoy the time you have there for as long as you can. Once that time is gone, you cannot get it back.
   In Spring I began to substitute at various schools. This was also a scary time for me because I did not know the schools, children, discipline codes, or teachers. I am thankful for this job but it is not an easy one. This lesson comes in the form of past lessons I have learned. 1. Look for the positive in everything. And 2. Get out of your comfort zone. If you are entering a new place or job look for the positive in everything because if you do not you may be wondering why you chose this job. Also, you need to learn that there are times you need to get out of your comfort zone and trust in God.
   So, as you can see it is not easy to always trust in God but that is what you need to do when you reach these points in life. Are you willing to trust God in everything? Will you look for the positive no matter what?
   Proverbs 3:5-6, Joshua 1:9, Proverbs 27:17

No comments:

Post a Comment