Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My Secret Valentine

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I have a secret Valentine
How about you?

I hate to admit it
But I have betrayed my love before
Even though I did that
He still loves me all the more

He gave me the greatest gift
Even though it is much more than I deserve
He paid the ultimate price
And is a great example of how to serve (others)

My secret Valentine doesn’t just love me
He loves everyone in the world too
The only question is
Do you know that he also loves you?

   For twenty three years now I have been on this earth. I still have a lot to learn but I have learned quite a few things during my time here. One thing I have learned is that if you are talking with other girls one specific topic is bound to come up: boys/men. This topic especially comes up when you are in middle school, go to a Bible college, or if you are a 20 some year old who has never had a boyfriend.
   I’ve heard countless sermons, read blogs, and had conversations with people about relationships. Everyone seems to have different ideas about love and relationships. And, most people are so focused on love and relationships that they forget the most important relationship. They forget who our first Valentine is: Jesus.
   Jesus gave all of us the greatest Valentine, Christmas, or Easter gift we could ever receive. Without this gift our lives would have no meaning. But, most people seem to forget the fact that Jesus should be our first love. And, in order to show our love to him our relationship needs to grow with him. This means we need to want to learn about him, spend time with him, and pray. Just like with any other relationship, we need to spend time with our loved one.
   So, are you focusing too much on the relationship you have/don’t have with a significant other? If you are, what can you do to remember the true Valentine you have? What can you do to show your love to Jesus?
   Luke 10:27, Deuteronomy 6:5, 1 John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment