Saturday, February 24, 2018

Who has Kissed Your Hand?

   One day I was at school teaching. I brought my kids up to the car pick up area. My kids sit right behind the preschool kids and I get to interact with the preschool children. I sat with my kids and the preschool kids turned around. They started to tell me about their day how they played outside, why they were wearing what they were wearing, and what color they got on to show how they behaved that day.
   Suddenly one child looked at me and asked me for my hand. Now, if you have ever worked with children you know that even though most of the time they act innocent they can be sneaky. I refused to give him my hand for a while until most of the other children said that it was a good thing.
   Slowly I gave him my hand. He took my hand and kissed the palm of my hand. Then he said, “there, now whenever you are alone you will not feel lonely. You can take your hand and put my kiss on your face and know that I am with you.” My mouth dropped and then I laughed because I knew that he was alluding to the book called The Kissing Hand. Because I laughed, other children proceeded to kiss my hand as well until parents came to pick them up.
   The funny thing about that story is it is true, we are never alone. But we are not ever alone because we have kisses from those close to us, though it is nice to know we have people who care. We are not alone because Jesus is with us.
   Whenever we feel alone, Jesus is there. When we feel we cannot take another blow, Jesus is there. When we feel like giving up, Jesus is there. Sometimes we forget that Jesus is always with us. But, that’s the great thing about our God: he cares enough about all of us to be there for us. He wants to have a relationship with us. We just need to lean on him and trust him. It also does not hurt to remember that when we feel really alone, Jesus has already given us a kiss in our hands. All we have to do is put our hand to our cheek and remember what he did for us.
   So, do you remember that you are never alone? Do you have a relationship with God? What can you do to make your relationship with God stronger?
   Joshua 1:9, Isaiah 41:10, Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment