Saturday, May 30, 2020

Continuing Through the Pressure


   One Sunday morning I got up and went to church. The worship leader had just made the announcements and asked that we quite our hearts for worship. The piano player begin to play. Then, all of the sudden, "BANG, BANG, BANG." It sounded like a gun had gone off. People began to look around frantically. I looked around at all of the exits as I covered my ears. There was no one there. Then I looked back at my dad, who was at the sound system. He and my brother were frantically trying to shut off one of the microphones. Finally they shut it off. People began to laugh after that and we continued on with the service.
   The noise only lasted about 30 seconds, but tensions were high for those 30 seconds. I honestly thought someone had walked in with a gun it was that loud. After 5 seconds I realized what it was because I had worked with the sound system before. I also realized something else. The piano player kept playing throughout this experience. She didn't stop even though she had jumped as well. She didn't stop playing because she knew what her job was. She didn't stop because she trusted God.
   Many times when we go through times of pressure or problems we forget to trust God. We stop doing our job, which is to obey God. We stop doing our job, which is to trust God. Yes, the little song we heard as children: "trust and obey for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus" is just as true today. The piano player obeyed God by playing the piano. The piano player trusted that God would protect her so she kept playing.
   What about you? Do you obey God and trust in him no matter what? What do you do when the pressure is on? Do you continue to follow God or do you fall away?
   Proverbs 3:5-6 and Romans 8:28
   Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment