Sunday, May 10, 2020

So Little Time: A Mother's Day Blog


   Imagine you wake up early, get dressed, eat breakfast, spend time with God, and relax for a bit in the morning. Then, you hear a bump. You begin to get goosebumps and you cringe. It is about to begin. Here they come: the children! They come running and bumping down the stairs. There is yelling, fighting, music blaring, and much more. This is the life of a mom.
   I’m kidding, sort of. Ha, I’m not a mom but I do have one. I am also a teacher so in a way I am like a mom to my students. And, if you are a mom, your house may not look like the one I just described. It may be better, or it may be worse. I know that no matter what your home life looks like you will probably be stressed at some point. It may even seem like there just is not enough time in the day.
For those of you who are not moms or do not work with children, here is a video describing everything a mom says in a 24 hour period but in 2 minutes and 55 seconds.

   Wow, that song was impressive. But, what is more impressive is all that mothers do in a short time. Time is a valuable thing. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says: “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.” Time has a way of changing things. Children are born, they grow, and they leave the nest. That’s just the way things tend to work. We never know how much time we will have with someone. That’s why we need to be thankful for the time we do get with them.
   Today, I encourage you to send a message to your mother thanking her for all she has done for you. Mothers I encourage you to be thankful for the time you have with your little ones. They grow up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment