Saturday, June 15, 2019

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

   I promised a while ago that you would more than likely hear lessons from my new dog Jak Jak. Well, here is your first one.
   One day my sister was playing with Jak Jak. She had his squeaker toy and he was trying to get it from her. She held it high in the air. She was trying to get him to jump. He started barking and growling at the toy and at her. Now, you need to know that Jak Jak doesn't really bark much. He may bark at  a certain type of dog but other than that he's fairly docile.
As he was barking my sister said, "you have to try." See, Jak Jak hadn't even tried to jump to get the toy. He just barked because he wanted my sister to put the toy lower. Finally, Jak Jak jumped. He missed. Then he backed up, ran, and jumped. He got the toy. My sister said, "see, you just had to try."
   There are multiple lessons in this little episode. One is never give up. Another is try. But I want to focus on something you may not have thought of. At first, Jak Jak used his words. I don't speak dog so I don't know what he was saying but I can imagine he may have been yelling at my sister, making excuses, or he could have been saying "I am going to get it give it to me." His words didn't do him any good. We can rant and rave about something that upsets us or something we want but does that do us any good?
   It wasn't until Jan Jak tried to get the toy that he succeeded. Jak Jak stopped just using words. He stopped yelling. He stopped making excuses and let his actions speak. That little idea that actions speak louder than words is proven here. Many times we walk through life making excuses or yelling about things we don't like. But, that doesn't do us any good. We need to try. We need to work. We need to act.
   If there's something you don't like that's going on, what can yo do about it? If there's something that seems impossible do you just give up or do you keep trying? Do you ask God for guidance and help when you have problems and you are not sure what to do?
   James 1:22 and James 2:18
   Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment