Saturday, February 8, 2020

Tired


   To whom it may concern:
   I'm tired.
   I am tired of pouring my heart out only to get it crushed.
   I am tired of being taken for granted.
   I am tired of people not getting to know others and judging them.
   I am tired of people saying I have good character but then it doesn't seem to matter.
   I am tired of doing so much with soccer and school so that I become exhausted.
   I am tired of no one seeming to care about anyone except themselves.
   I am tired of feeling alone and like no one cares.
   I am tired of bad people succeeding and good people failing.
   I am tired of all the crap going on in this world.
   I am tired of this, and I am tired of that. I feel like I cannot handle all of it. I've been fighting for so long and I can feel the darkness closing in. But I have something that the darkness never will have, unless Christians stand up: light.
   God is with us even when it doesn't seem like it. When we accept him he gives us his light. Just like the song "This Little Light of Mine" we are to keep our light shining. That is hard to do on our own strength. But, we don't have to keep it shining alone.
   God loves us and walks through life with us. He carries us through the darkness. He was an example for us before we were even born. He rested one day as an example for us. Then he worked other days. It is good to take a break from the crazy of the world. But, then we have to get right back to it. While you are fighting remember when you are so tired that you are not alone. God is on the move on earth. We just have to look for him in the little everyday miracles.
   So, when you are tired who will you lean on? Will you choose to keep fighting no matter what happens? Do you see God in everyday miracles?
   Proverbs 3:5-6, Matthew 11:28-30, Isaiah 40:31
   Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment