Saturday, November 14, 2020

I'm a Fixer

   I am a fixer. I enjoy fixing things and problems. When there is a problem that needs solved at school, my co-teachers come to me. If we need a shelf, but don't have one, I am the one who makes them out of cardboard. When someone is going through a hard time, I try to give them advice or brighten their day in some way. However, there is an issue I run into sometimes: I cannot fix all the problems.
   Many times people have had a problem I could not fix no matter how much I wanted to. Maybe someone in their family is having a health problem. Maybe there are too many people involved that the problem cannot be handled. No matter what the issue is, there are just some problems we cannot fix. What do we do when we cannot fix the problem? Many times, as Christians, when we don't know what to say or do we say: "I'll pray about that for you." But, there are times when that just seems like saying that's not enough. Why is that?
   One of the reasons why saying "I'll pray for you" doesn't seem like enough is because sometimes people don't actually pray when they say they will. That reason aside, when we say "I'll pray for you" we tend to be giving up hope. But is that really what we should be thinking?
   Romans 8:26 says: "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groaning too deep for words." Many times we tend to go to God as a last resort when it should be our first. We have a tendency to want to fix things ourselves. But, if you try to lean on yourself you'll end up falling. Instead, we should lean on God and trust in his plan. We should pray about our problems and trust the Spirit to lead. We should trust the ultimate fixers plan.
   So, are you leaning on yourself or God? How can you trust in God's plan for you each day? 
   Image from here.




No comments:

Post a Comment