Saturday, July 3, 2021

Giving It Up

   Have you ever gone through a situation and you didn't know why the situation was happening? I mean, as Christians we walk around saying we know that God works everything together for our good (Rom.8.28). We try to trust God in the situation, but it seems like nothing is going right.
   I have gone through a few times in my life like this. One time in particular I was caught in the middle of a problem. I understood both sides and I my heart was breaking for both sides. I had made plans to try to improve the situation, but that plan was cut off. I didn't understand why. Then one day, it hit me: I was still growing.
   What?! What does that have to do with anything? I was still growing in God, and I still am. I was learning more and more about God. God is a good father. He loves us and wants us to grow in him. In order to grow in him sometimes we need lessons. 
   In this instance I was making plans for my life. I thought the path for my life was one way, and it still may be. But I realized that perhaps I had put too much emphasis on my plans. I didn't want to give up something that I had become comfortable in and with. However, God, in his infinite wisdom, knew that I would probably not grow as much in my comfort zone. He wanted me to grow in him. He wanted me to be willing to give up my comfort and my plan to follow his plan. 
   Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." We are asked to trust in the lord, not just a little bit, but with ALL our heart. In every problem, trial, and situation we are called to trust in him even if we don't understand it. We are to submit to the lord and his plan for us. If we do that, we may not understand why things happen in our lives, but we can know that the Lord is with us. He cares for us and wants us to grow in him.
   So, are you trusting in God through each situation? Are you willing to give up your plan to follow God's plan?
   Image from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment