Saturday, January 1, 2022

Righteous: New Years

   Each year I give myself a new spiritual focus. Of course I work on everything but I have found that having one specific focus helps me improve in character areas I need to work on. This year I was trying to focus on righteousness.
  Now, you may be thinking "righteousness is not an easy thing to improve in." You are correct. But I was following many different verses. 
Matthew 5:6 says, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled." I don't know about you but when I am hangry it is scary. I just need something to eat or I feel like the Hulk. If I was that hungry for righteousness what would my life loom like?
   Answering that question was far from easy. I knew it was impossible to be righteous without Jesus. I mean, he is the only one who can make us pure of heart. But that does not mean we are not to try to follow him still. Following him is not easy many times.
   Throughout this year I had many challenges with this challenge. There were times where I wanted to watch something that I know God would not have approved of. There were times I made a mistake and had to fess up to it. Choosing right was not easy but it was worth it. I learned much about myself and the Lord this year.
   So, I encourage you to hunger and thirst for righteousness as well. And maybe you could also come up with a spiritual resolution for this year as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment