Saturday, July 9, 2022

What's the Worst Thing That Can Happen?

     Have you ever gone through something, and you keep worrying about it? Your mind drifts to all the things that could go wrong. You just keep thinking about the problem over and over again. You may try to use scripture to help you remember that God is in control, but the thoughts keep coming back. What are we to do in those times?
   Because I am a teacher, I need to take trainings to keep my certification. One training I took asked the questions: "what is the worst thing that could happen?" And "what is the best thing that could happen?" I thought about those questions. They were good questions to ask when going though problems.
   For example: if you are in danger of losing your job, what’s the worst thing that could happen? You lose your job, source of income, and possibly your possessions. However, even if you lose those things can that problem take away anything that matters in eternity? No, in fact any problem we have on earth can do one of two things. It can drag us away from God or draw us closer to him. We just have to choose which way we wish to go.
   If you are in danger of losing your job, what’s the best thing that can happen? You either keep your job or find a better job. You grow closer to the Lord and your family during this hard time. 
   I have found that by asking these two questions quickly when a problem comes up it helps stop the overthinking. I learn that technically nothing can touch me that will overcome me. I have already won every battle in my life that will come because the Lord is on my side. He may not do things the way I expect but he has a plan for my life. I want to fulfill the purpose he has for me in my life. To do that I need to trust him and stop worrying.
   So, when problems come up do you trust in the Lord? How can you trust God more today?
   Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment