Saturday, August 13, 2022

Would You Trust God?

 "Do you want to trust the Lord?

Would you trust him if he asked you to pick up a sword?"

 

"I would not, could not, trust the Lord 

if he asked me to pick up a sword.

I would not trust him to help me build a boat,

I'm not even sure it would float.

If he took all my possessions away?

There is no way I would trust him and stay.

If I he wanted me to spend time in jail?

I would run away faster than if I saw hail.

Asking me to go to the king to say, 'let my people go?'

I'd definitely have to say no.

Defeating a city by walking around its wall?

Why, there is no way I believe it will fall.

Using a sling to stop a giant?

I'd have to stay defiant.

Going against many prophets of Baal?

I know I would fail.

Going into a fiery furnace?

I'd run out of that place.

Being thrown into a den with lions?

You would find me running away crying...

What's that you say?

What would I do for my faith in God today?

I would go to church and stay in that safe place,

God knows that doing that is my comfortable space.

Why would a loving God ask me to do more?

I'm way better than I was before."

 

Are you spending too much time in your comfort zone when God is asking you to step out of it? How can you grow in God and have more faith in him? 

Psalm 9:10 and Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment