Saturday, August 5, 2023

Held During Anxiety

   There is one time in the year that my dog freaks out the most: when we go on vacation. That's because he needs to travel in a car for 30 minutes to my Aunt and Uncles' house. He does not like car rides. He will whine, cry, growl, bark, cut our legs with his nails, etc. The thing I didn't understand is I am holding him. I will literally hug him, and he will still be freaking out. It did not make sense.

   Then I thought about how I have anxiety too. I whine, cry, growl, and get upset when problems come into my life. Yet, I am being held by the Lord. He is literally wrapping me in a big hug, and I still have anxiety.

   In those times I remember Isaiah 41:10 which says, "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." I don’t need to fear because God is with me. In the highs and lows he's got me. He loves me. He helps get rid of the fear in his great strength.

   So, do you believe that you are held by God? When fear and anxiety appear in your life what do you do? Who do you turn to?


No comments:

Post a Comment