Saturday, November 18, 2023

Nobody Like You

   As a teacher, I listen to a lot of children's music. One song that is very popular lately is "Nobody Like U" from the movie Turning Red. Some of the lyrics are: 

"I've never met nobody like you

Had friends, and I've had buddies, it's true

But they don't turn my tummy the way you do

I've never met nobody like you"

   The kids love singing this song. As I was listening to them sing, I thought about the lyrics. "I've never me nobody like you, Had friends, and I've had buddies, it's true." I know the song was relating it to an earthly relationship, but I couldn't help but relate it to our relationship with God. 

   Jeremiah 10:6 says, "There is none like you, O Lord; you are great, and your name is great in might." It's true, I've never met anyone like him. He's perfect, loving, caring, intelligent, strong, and so much more. All of his attributes turn my tummy because, though he is perfect, he chooses to love me. He chooses to love you. He sent his son to die for us then sent the holy spirit to be our counselor. That is something that should turn our stomachs.

   Some more lyrics in the song are:

"You're never not on my mind, oh my, oh my

I'm never not by your side, your side, your side

I'm never gon' let you cry, oh, cry, don't cry

I'll never not be your ride or die, alright"

   I just picture God singing this to us. Lamentations 3:22-23 says, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." His love for us is so much that we are always on his mind. He is always with us. While we may cry, God feels those tears. He comes to comfort us. His love encircles us in a warm embrace. He's always with us. That’s why there is no one like him.

   So, do you believe that God is always with you? What can you do to grow in your relationship with God?



No comments:

Post a Comment