Saturday, November 11, 2023

Stop Running

 Breath coming in and out,

So fast you want to shout.

Heart beating in your chest,

You wish you could slow down and rest.

You can't pause or even slow,

If you do, they will catch you, you know.

Glance behind,

They are getting closer, back to the grind.

Sweat pouring down your face.

Fear you will never win this race.


A voice tells you to stop,

Then suddenly you drop.

The darkness of your sin surrounds,

There's no way to drown out the sound.

Liar, thief, prideful the whispers say.

Crumbling beneath them they ruin your day.


PEACE! BE STILL,

A different voice says, and you feel you can climb any hill.

Through the tears,

You see a mirror with all your fears.

They scare you and you can't get them out of your head,

THIS IS NOT YOU, HAVEN'T YOU HEARD WHAT I SAID?


A man wipes them clean,

This is amazing, is this a dream?

The man kneels to you,

YOU ARE NOT WHAT YOU GO THROUGH.

YOU ARE MINE,

I'VE LOVED YOU SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME.

How can he love someone so unclean and filled with sin?

It feels like someone blew up a balloon for you and you are just waiting for someone to pop it with a pin.

YOU ARE MY SIBLING, YOU ARE GOD'S CHILD, YOU ARE LOVED.

DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES, BELIEVE THE TRUTH THAT IS SENT FROM ABOVE.

LOOK IN THE MIRROR, DO YOU KNOW WHAT I SEE?

I SEE SOMEONE I DIED FOR, SOMEONE I CREATED, SOMEONE I LOVE, I SEE ME.


If you were to look in that mirror, what would you see?




No comments:

Post a Comment