Saturday, December 30, 2023

Have Patience Don't Be In Such a Hurry

    One day I was at school with my students, and we were coming inside after playing outside. I went to work setting up lunch while my co-teacher helped the students wash their hands. After washing their hands, the children sat at the tables to eat lunch.

   I was still working on getting all the lunch items out on their plates. I was going as fast as I could. One child sat down and said, "Ms. Kat, you forgot my vegetables." Another student sat down and said, "why did I only get two crackers?!" I looked at my co-teacher in shock. I was literally in the process of opening more crackers and the students could not wait seconds for me to open the crackers. My co-teacher began to sing a song about patience.

   I looked at the students and said, "do you see that I am working on it? Please be patient!" Then we talked about how sometimes you need to wait for things and people. We also talked about how teachers are not octopi. We can only do so much at once.

   That's not the first time that has happened and I'm sure it will not be the last. But it is a good reminder that we all need to practice patience. Sometimes we want things right away. We want God to give us things. We want God to take trials away, and we want it right away. 

   Romans 12:12 reminds us to "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Sometimes trials come for reasons we cannot know or see. That's when we must trust in the Lord. We must pray and remember his word so we can get through the trial. Easier said than done, but still true.

   So, how are you doing in the patience department? Are you relying on God when trials come? Pray and ask God to give you patience and trust when trials come.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment