Monday, January 1, 2024

Three P's: New Year's

   Each year I choose a spiritual resolution. This year I prayed about it and God led me to I choose patience. That was tested through work, relationships, soccer, and life in general. I would take a step back each time I felt impatience coming on and talk with God.

   As the year went on, I felt something I hadn't felt before. I felt God tugging on me to add another resolution. This one was also a difficult one for me: prayer. When you think about it, patience and prayer go hand in hand. But I had been holding off on those resolutions because I knew they would be hard for me. Yet, through God, I have been able to work on both of them. 

   When trying times would come up, not only would I pause, but I would pray. I would spend time each day with God in prayer. Then, midway through the year, something happened.

   I was tested. I was myself. I was honest. And it came back to bite me. I didn't understand. Why would God allow this to happen if I'm following him? 

   The final "p" I was asked to do this year was some pruning. I had been holding on tightly to my reputation. I prided myself on what others thought about me. I wanted others to praise me. It took that testing and reflection for me to realize what I needed to let go of.

   Now, I'm not going to lie, the pruning hurt. But, in the end, it was a good hurt because I grew in God through it. It also reminded me that I am continually growing in God; and he is going to grow me as I keep my eyes fixed on him.

   So, what is God asking you to grow in? How can you keep your eyes fixed on him? What might God be asking you to prune, or get rid of, today?

https://youtu.be/W6kv1OfUKMo?si=tItY3kvOE6f2-CaN



No comments:

Post a Comment