Saturday, February 17, 2024

Twitterpated

   One day I was outside on a very nice day with my students. A newer teacher was with me. I heard the tweet of a bird. Looking on my right, I saw a female cardinal. I pointed it out to my co-teacher. Then I saw a male one and pointed it out as well. The next thing I said elicited an interesting response from the new teacher I said, "they are twitterpated."

   Her mouth dropped and then she laughed. I said, "what? They (the kids) don't know what that means. I'm shocked you even know what that means!" The only reason I knew was because of Bambi.

   This got me thinking about how we don't know things unless they are explained to us. It is the same way as with the gospel. We don't know about it until someone tells us it.

   We are called to spread the good news with others. Matthew 28:19 says, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." We are to make sure that others know about Christ and understand who he is and what he did for us.

   So, do you know who Christ is? How can you spread the Gospel each day?




No comments:

Post a Comment