Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother Knows Best

   I hope you read that title and thought about that song in Tangled :D But Mother Gothel isn't the best example of what I'm about to talk about so don't get confused from the title. I just really like the song, it's catchy. 
   Anyhow, since Mother’s Day is coming up it got me thinking about mothers. And the more I thought about it the more I reached an important conclusion: Mothers are remarkable people because moms need to have a specific mindset, have a variety of important jobs, and they are teachers and role models bringing up their children.
   The first thing that came to mind when I thought about the mind of a mother was mamma bear. All mothers have a protective instinct for their children. And we all know that no one messes with a mamma bear. Next I thought about all the questions moms may have in their mind from day to day. Such as did I do this for tomorrow, am I setting a good example, and am I good enough? The first question leads to stress. And the last question leads to doubting your abilities. We will come back to these questions later.
   Mothers also have a variety of vital jobs. A few of them are CEO of the Household, personal chef, judge mom, lady MacGyver, and Boo-Boo fixer. Why do mothers do all of these things? Because it is how they show people that they love them. Mothers make so many sacrifices just to get a thank you, a card, or a hug. Then when their children finally understand something or learn a lesson it is like “wow I made a difference.” This is what teachers call the ah ha moment, which leads to my next point that is important for everyone to know.
   It is everyone’s job to teach children right from wrong. It does not matter if you don’t have kids or if you are a kid; because, whether you like it or not, people are watching you. It is our job, as Christians, to make our community a better place. One way to do this is to teach children, who are our future. Teaching can be intimidating, but it isn’t like you need to teach big groups. Teaching children can be as simple as teaching them how to open a door. One final aspect of this is that we all need to teach what we know; and learn what we don’t know, because we are all children of God. We will never know everything; and it is important for us to realize that, in order to grow, we need to continue to seek knowledge.
   So finally to you mothers who are probably looking at yourselves and wondering if you are good enough. I want you to know that your job is very important, but that you also need to relax. God put you in this place for a reason. He loves you no matter what you do, or what you think about yourself. So, just be you. And, if you are still having doubts check out this clip from Mom’s Night Out.

   I’m also going to put a little advertisement in here. Tomorrow, 5/10/15, at Maytown Church of God (14 West Elizabeth St. Maytown PA) I will be speaking during Sunday School. Church starts at 9 and Sunday School starts around 10:30. If you are able, I would love for you to come out and support me. If not, I hope you have a Happy Mother’s Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment