Saturday, May 2, 2015

What is God's Will for My Life?

   So on this Wednesday, May 6th, it will be my 21st birthday. It’s kind of neat and kind of scary at the same time. I mean, when you are a kid it’s like “yes it’s my birthday in like 4 days! I’m going to get so many presents.” Then as you get older it’s like “oh great another year gone in my life. Woo hoo.” Since I’m going to be 21 I’m kind of in the middle of that. So that got me thinking.
   I began to think about my life. What I had done so far. Had I helped as many people as I could? What could I have done differently? Who am I really? What can I improve about myself? The questions went on and on; but they all boiled down to one main question: what is my legacy?
I thought about that and all the things I had done in my life. But then I began to realize that I was focusing on myself so much. That brought up another question: what about God?
   See the question I should have been asking was what does God want me to do with my life? I mean, as one of my favorite Disney characters would say, “The past is in the past.” I need to look at my past and realize that, yes the events that happened have shaped me into who I am today, but I choose whether or not I let those events affect my attitude. I also need to trust that God has a plan for my life. I may not know what that plan is; but that’s okay because I know that God will take care of me. Finally, it makes me realize that I need to live in the present. Every day is a gift from God. It is a chance to change the world one person at a time, if we have to. It is a chance to give Him the glory for what He has done in our lives.
   So, what is God calling you to do with your life? Are you willing to do that?
   Jeremiah 29:11, Proverbs 16:9, Psalms 143:10

No comments:

Post a Comment