Saturday, June 6, 2015

A New Chapter

   Everybody ready? Okay, cue the graduation music. Start calling out the names of the graduates. And cue the tears from mom, the beaming smile from dad, the younger sibling thinking "yes I get an extra room to myself," and the older sibling saying "welcome to real life kid."
   Yes, it’s that time of year again. Graduation: it is such a big deal in the American culture. And, in a way, it should be. But I think it’s important for us to remember something many people see graduation as an ending, but I see it another way. See, according to Merriam-Webster dictionary, graduation is: “the award or acceptance of an academic degree or diploma.” Yes, in order to graduate, you need to get a diploma. But graduation is so much more.
   Everyone has different paths they will take after graduation. Some will choose college; others will choose to go right into the workforce. But no matter what people choose they all seem to have one question: “what will happen to me in the future?” This, of course, leads to many other questions. However, this proves that graduation is much more than getting a degree. It is the beginning of the future for the graduates.
   I don’t know about you but when I graduated I was scared out the wazoo. It was also exciting, but I had no idea what the future held for me. Until I got to Lancaster Bible College I had a difficult time trusting God. I still do sometimes but a verse helped me. Jeremiah 29:11 “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’” See, God is always with us. He is looking out for us. So no matter what chapter we are at in life we can rest in that truth.
   Happy graduation to all of the graduates out there! :) Good luck in the beginning of your next chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment