Saturday, June 13, 2015

I Don't Like Your Attitude

   ATTITUDE: it’s a little thing that makes a big difference. That was on a poster that I used to see every day in my sixth grade classroom. Since then, I have heard that phrase used many times. I never quite got the grasp of it though. I mean how can your attitude affect you and others so much? It was not until a little later that I understood why attitude is such a big deal.
   There’s a quote by Jack Sparrow in The Pirates of the Caribbean movies that goes like this “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?” That quote really helped me understand what that poster meant. I will be put through many trials in life; and there will be some things that I cannot change. However, I can change how I feel about the problem. I decide if I will go to work with a good attitude or a bad one. No one else can make that decision for me. Now, I can be affected by other peoples’ attitudes. But even then it is still my choice whether or not I let how others feel, or what they do to me, bug me.
   So, what is your attitude going to be when you are going through a hard time? Are you going to let other people and events dictate how you feel?
   Philippians 2:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment